Alin DirectX Exporter
This is a 3ds Max plugin allowing you to export your 3ds Max scenes as DirectX (.x) files which can be used in development of games, simulations, and real-time applications. It supports standard and multi-subobject or DirectX shader materials, bezier patch, editable poly or mesh geometry, skin and physique modifiers, biped and CAT animations. The latest release can even convert a standard material with multiple UV coordinates to a DirectX material(.fx) and generate shader code such as tangent-space normal mapping. Download it now !
- Editable Patch, Editable Mesh and Poly.
- Normal, Tangent and Binormal.
- Specular level and glossiness.
- UV tile, mirror, clamp.
- Dummies or IK Chain nodes.
- Vertex Color and Alpha.
- DirectX Shader Material.
- Procedural Textures.
- Multi-channel Textures.
- Multiple texture coordinate sets.
- Multi-SubObject Materials conversion.
- Multiple animation sets.
- Key frames animation.
- Skin and Physique modifiers.
- Standard bones, CAT and Biped .
- Matrix / SRT Animation keys.
- Vertex duplication list.
- Global or Inline material list.
- Right-handed or Left-handed space and scale.
- Text / Binary / Compressed file format.
- Automatically detect and fix error skin.
- Convert textures to dds, tga, png, jpg, bmp.
- Generate effect file(.fx) for multiple textures.
- Frames in local space(hierarchy) or world space.
- Support 3ds Max 2017 and the older versions such as 3ds Max 7
2016-09-10 v2.2.0 Many bugs are fixed, especially the bind pose issues.
2016-06-08 v2.1.7 Fix bugs in tangents and texture files, added new options: X-Rot and Z-Rot for coordinate system.
2016-05-16 v2.1.6 Fix bugs in animations and material specular color.
2015-04-06 v2.1.5 Add new option Multi-Textures and support more uv sets when doesn't use DeclData.
2015-02-24 v2.1.2 Fix issues in material, multiple textures, uv sets and batch exports via MAXScript.
2014-03-22 v2.0.9 Fix some crash bugs. Improve compatibility with importers like Assimp.
2013-11-11 v2.0.5 Support procedural textures(Noise, etc). Add Skin option to export separate files for skeleton and skinned mesh.
2013-09-12 v2.0.4 Fix issues with texture path and keyframe animation. Add option for duplicate node name.
2013-08-31 v2.0.3 Fix issues with dummies and other nodes. Now free version users can use Right-handed option.
2013-07-26 v2.0.1 Add many important Options: Right-handed space, scale, optimize for Matrix or SRT keys, key frames animation.
2013-06-16 v1.9.9 Add new options for custom timeline which can be used to transform sequential times or control animation speed.
2013-04-07 v1.9.6 Fix a crash problem caused by a Max bug. Add support for texture conversion.
2013-03-25 v1.9.5 Update for Non-Patch skinning and animation.
2013-03-17 v1.9.4 Editable Patch animation conversion is probably one of the most difficult tasks but it's available now!
2013-03-09 v1.9.3 Update for animation with higher-order primitives.
2013-02-26 v1.9.1 CAT skeletal animation system is supported. Bone's mesh can be exported and many bugs are fixed.
2013-01-01 v1.8.8 Support UV Address Mode: Tile, Mirror, Clamp.
2012-05-24 v1.7 Support generating fx files and HLSL shader code.
2012-04-24 v1.6 Support multi-subobject materials and multiple UV sets.
2006-07-30 v0.7 The first edition for 3ds Max 8.