Alin's DirectX Exporter
AXE is a 3ds Max plugin allowing you to export your 3ds Max scenes as DirectX (.x) files which can be used in development of games, simulations, and real-time applications. It supports standard and multi-subobject or DirectX shader materials, editable patch, editable mesh or editable poly geometry, skin and physique modifiers. The latest release can even convert a standard material with multiple UV coordinates to a DirectX material(.fx) and generate shader code such as tangent-space normal mapping. Developers now have a tool that enables them to create amazing real-time special effects quickly and no longer depend on external applications to get the effects they want. Download it now !
AXE Pro Supported Features:
- Editable Patch, Editable Mesh and Poly.
- Normal, Tangent and Binormal (optimized).
- Specular level and glossiness.
- UV tile, mirror, clamp, crop.
- Dummies or IK Chain nodes.
- Vertex Color and Alpha.
- DirectX Shader Material.
- Multi-channel Textures.
- Multiple texture coordinate sets.
- Multi-SubObject Materials conversion.
- Skin and Physique modifiers.
- Standard bones, CAT and Biped .
- Vertex duplication list.
- Multiple animation sets.
- Global or Inline material list.
- Right-hand to left-hand conversion.
- Text / Binary / Compressed file format.
- Automatically detect and fix error skin.
- Convert textures to dds, tga, png, jpg, bmp.
- Generate effect file(.fx) for multiple textures.
- Frames in local space(hierarchy) or world space.
- Support 3ds Max 2013 and the older versions such as 3ds Max 7
2013-04-25   v1.9.7 Update animation list control to make it editable on a double click. Added support for photoshop .psd texture conversion.
2013-04-07   v1.9.6 Fixed a crash problem caused by a Max bug. Added support for texture conversion.
2013-03-25   v1.9.5 Update for Non-Patch skinning and animation.
2013-03-17   v1.9.4 Editable Patch animation conversion is probably one of the most difficult tasks but it's available now!
2013-03-09   v1.9.3 Update for animation with higher-order primitives. Optimize shader code and change shader model to 3.0.
2013-03-02   v1.9.2 Support stretchy bones.
2013-02-26   v1.9.1 CAT skeletal animation system is supported. Bone's mesh can be exported and many bugs are fixed.
2013-01-15   v1.8.9 Add options for files overwriting and support 3ds Max x64.
2013-01-01   v1.8.8 Support UV Address Mode: Tile, Mirror, Clamp.
2012-12-25   v1.8.7 Support Vertex Color and Alpha.
2012-12-17   v1.8.5 Add AnimationOptions.
2012-12-14   v1.8.3 Fixed the bug of Specular color and animation list settings.
2012-12-12   v1.8.2 AXE now supports 3ds Max 2013.
2012-07-12   v1.8.1 Support generating Tangent and Binomal.
2012-05-24   v1.7 Support generating fx files and HLSL shader code.
2012-04-24   v1.6 Support multi-subobject materials and multiple UV sets.
2009-03-30   v1.0 Support 3ds Max 2008.
2008-10-20   v0.9 Support 3ds Max 9.
2006-07-30   v0.7 The first edition for 3ds Max 8.